Words related to the Airport and Flight
Words related to the Airport and Flight
Hi, My readers! Have you ever gone somewhere by plane? If you so, I believe you will be very familiar in some Words related to the Airport and Flight. For this I want to share about some Words related to the Airport and Flight. (also read : Common Words Describe Weather)
Below are some Words related to the Airport and Flight:
- Cheat sheet is a small piece of paper with answers or hints that you have with you
- Departures are flights that are leaving this airport
- Delayed (made to happen later than intended or expected). Maybe it has been delayed because of bad weather, too much air traffic, or technical problems.
- Arrivals are flights that are landing at this airport
- E-ticket is a ticket you purchased online and printed from your computer
- Aisle seat is a seat next to the long walking path on the plane
- Boarding pass is the ticket you give at the gates (has your seat number)
- Seat belt is a belt that’s used to fasten you to the seat and keep you secure during the flight. (Also read : Thinking of Feeling)
- Metals are items such as jewelers, coins, belt buckles, knives, keys
- Liquids are anything that is not solid or hard or has a watery base such as a bottle of water, perfume or foundation.
- Expired (no longer useful) = the date has passed
- Check-in is an activity to show your ticket and ID and hand in your baggage
- Connection is the point where your plane lands and you must catch another plane
- Domestic (in the same country as the airport)
- international (in a different country than the airport)
- Book (a ticket). When we book a ticket, it means that we have reserved your place and paid for it.
- Ticket (travel pass) is a printed piece of cardboard or paper showing that the holder is entitled to be traveling on a means of transport.
- Airline (system of flying) is a system of commercial scheduled flights transporting people and goods, or a company that operates such a system, e.g. Singapore Airlines, Garuda Airways, British Airways. (Also read other article at : Air Mata Di Ujung Malam)
- Identification (ID). Our ID or our personal identification is our official document that we need to ensure you are who we really are.
- Passport (identification document) is an official document issued by the government of a country to a citizen that identifies the bearer and gives permission to travel to and from that country.
- Visa is a special document that gives you permission to enter a country. Some countries have strict laws and depending where you’re from, you may need to obtain (get) a visa.
- Boarding pass (additional ticket needed by passenger) is: an additional ticket or document that a passenger must have in order to be allowed onto an aircraft or ship
- Boarding time is the time that people will be allowed to start entering the plane.
- First class is the most expensive area of the plane. The seats of it are bigger and the service is better.
- Business class is the area where people who are traveling for business purposes sit. It’s towards the front of the plane and the tickets are more expensive than normal tickets.
- Economy class is a class of travel, especially on airlines, that is relatively low in price and carries the majority of passengers.
- Security check is the process when we and our baggage are checked to make sure we are not carrying any prohibited items onto the airplane.
- Customs is a place where goods and baggage are examined on entering a country to see what duty is payable on them and to check for smuggled goods, such as firearms (guns), drugs or too much money.
- Fragile = easy broken
- Gate is the area at an airport or a railroad or bus station where passengers arrive and depart.
- Long – haul flight is a flight that travels a long distance in one go. For example, a long-haul flight would be flying from Jakarta to Mecca.
- On time is something runs at the right time. (Also read other article at : Soal Pilihan Ganda tentang Genetika)
- One-way (ticket) means that we do not want to return to our destination. The opposite of a one-way ticket is a return ticket.
- Stopover (layover) is a usually brief halt on a journey.
- Travel agent is a person who will help us to organize our travel plans and book our flights.
- Direct Flight means that the flight number will not change, but in many cases our flight will indeed stop. We may even need to change planes completely.
- Nonstop Flight is the continuing flight without a stop. This flight will take us exactly where we want to go, without stopping or causing you to change planes and lose your comfortable position.
- The cabin is the name for the interior of the aircraft where the passengers sit.
That’s all about Words related to the Airport and Flight I can share. I hope our post about Words related to the Airport and Flight above can be useful for us to increase our English vocabulary. (also read : Indonesian Translation of Color)