Generic Structure and Function of Advertisement
Once again we want to share about Functional text. In this care we want to share about Generic Structure and Function of Advertisement. Although the title is Generic Structure and Function of Advertisement but in this session we will discuss about the definition, function, generic structure, language feature, kinds and the example of Advertisement. (also study : Purpose and Generic Structure of Invitation Text)
Let’s go to the material of Generic Structure and Purpose of Announcement:
Definition of Advertisement
Advertisement text is a text consists of a public announcement commonly found in a newspaper, television, or internet advertising. Sometimes it is about a product, services, or an event for sale.
Function of Advertisement
Based on the definition of Advertisement as above mentioned so there some function or purpose of Advertisement, they are:
- To urge the listener or reader to buy or use the product or services being advertised.
- To announce about a product, services, or an event to the public.
- To convince of communication about a product, services, or an event so that the user effort to use the product or services..
Generic Structure of Advertisement
- Purpose: purpose built of the advertisement.
- Name of product: product names in advertising.
- User: user of the product.
Kinds of Advertisement
Based on the media used, there are some kinds of advertisement, they are:
- Printed Advertisement
Printed advertisement is an advertisement that it is published by using printed media, such as newspaper, magazine or others.
Advertorial is an advertisement formed as news.
3. Display Advertisement
Display Advertisement is an advertisement in which it is displayed in an image or big letters.
4. Electronic Advertisement
Electronic Advertisement is an advertisement published using electronic media, such as, radio advertisement, television advertisement, internet advertisement, etc.
Language Features of Advertisement
When we want to make an advertisement, we have to know some Language Features of Advertisement, they are:
- The choice of words used related to necessary information.
- The choice of words used to indicate the target
- The choice of words used is precise, logical, and courteous.
- The choice of words used have a suggestion for the audience.
Example of Advertisement
For some examples of advertisement, you can look at in this post from Google AdSense.
That’s all our post about Generic Structure and Function of Advertisement we can share. We hope that our article above can improve our English, especially in understanding short functional text about Generic Structure and Function of Advertisement. (also study : Definition and Purpose of Greeting Card)