Madura is the name of the island located in the northeast of East Java. Madura Island is one of the largest island in the province of East Java. Since June 2009, the area known as the producer of salt has been linked with a giant bridge named National Suramadu Bridge (inaugurated by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono). The island has a letter of motor vehicle itself, the letter is “M“.
Madura Island consist of four regencies, namely:
Each Regency has its own characteristics, particularly languages, such as pronunciation, mention, dialect and intonation look different.
Ethnic Madurese has big population in Indonesia, numbering around 20 million. They came from Madura Island and the surrounding islands, such as Gili Raja, Sapudi, Raas, and Kangean. In addition, many Madurese living in the eastern part of East Java called Horse Poultice region, from northern Pasuruan to Banyuwangi. Madurese who live in Situbondo and Bondowoso, and eastern Probolinggo, Jember, have the most number and rarely speak Javanese, also including North Surabaya and part of Malang.
Information about recreation places in Madura Island
- Tomb of Pasarean Syaichona Kholil (always visited by tourists from outside of Madura Island)
- Aer Eye Mom Arosbaya (Tomb of the Kings Hundreds of Years Ago)
- Siring Kemuning Beach (in Tanjung Bumi)
- Rongkang Beach (in Kwanyar)
- Sembilangan Beach (with dutch heritage lighthouse)
- Craft Center of Batik Madura in Tanjung Bumi (already known abroad and often exported)
- Water Sources Langgundih Kolla (fixed Freshwater although near to the sea, and never dry even in the dry season)
- City Recreation Park (with lake plus boat bike and Fishing Swimming places)
- Mount Geger (nature and forests, there are 5 historic caves, ancient site)
- Camplong Beach (on the outskirts of Main Roads Sampang, complete with a hotel, restaurant and swimming pool)
- Nipah Beach (still virgin and rare explored by people, inhabited by a herd of Apes)
- Toroan Waterfall (pouring water directly into the Java Sea coast, still virgin)
- Tomb of Queen Ebu in Madegan
- Reservoir of Klampis in Kedundung
- Eternal Fire or Fire unflagging, more interesting when Night with embers of the fire (once the retrieval of PON (National Sport Week) flame in 1992)
- Tomb of the Kings and the Ulama (Sacred tomb Pasarean Batu Ampar)
- Coastal of Talang Siring, the potential payoff in the form of sea fish, pastes, and seaweed
- Jumiang Beach (this is still virgin, there is no developer company touch it yet, “You Want to be development?”)
- Gentong Cave (there is the canyon valley outside; stalactite and stalagmite inside of the cave)
- Fishing Arena at Branta Harbor (Tlanakan)
- Campgrounds and Agro Tourism in the hills of East Waru (pagentanan)
- The beauty of Monument Arek Lancor In the evening (located in the center / Town Square Pamekasan)
- Vihara Avalokitesvara, the Second Largest temple in Java (located in District Galis, near to the Talang Siring Beach)
- Klampar agro-tourism
- Sumenep Palace Museum (the only palace with historical evidence most complete and well-preserved, original and without makeup, beats kraton jogja and solo)
- Lombang Beach (Fir Tree Decorated with rows of shrimp, found only in Indonesia and China)
- Coastal of Slopeng (always visited by tourists who bathe on a stretch of beach with white sand)
- Asta Tinggi Tombs of the Kings (Tombs of the Kings hundreds of years ago) and Asta Yusuf Talango
- The beauty and grandeur of the Grand Mosque Sumenep built in 1763 (after the construction of the palace Sumenep)
- Island Resort (tourist islands lined with beautiful island since the island Kangean, sapudi, Raas, puteran, gili labak, mamburit, genteng, gili iyang, pulau raja, etc.)
- Island tourism is also famous for its “ayam bekisar” with exotic colors and Teak wood carving handmade pieces.
- Garden Island Tourism Mamburit (for tourists who like diving and enjoy the natural beauty of the sea, but it is used for wind surfing national and International)
- Panorama of Marine Park Gili Labak Island located between the island of Gili Genting and Puteran island (usually for nautical sports, Diving Association (Snorkeling / diving), and Professional Diving (Scuba diving)
In addition, the program of bull racing can also be held incidental, depending on demand of the owners when they have celebration.
So don’t postpone to go to Madura Island for recreation.None found.