Purpose and Generic Structure of Invitation Text
Invitation is one of the functional texts which students of high schools should learn in the subject of English besides notice, brochure, advertisement, announcement, leaflet, pamphlet, memo, short message and others.
For this, here we want to share about Purpose and Generic Structure of Invitation Text. However, we will not only discuss about Purpose and Generic Structure of Invitation Text, but also definition, kinds of invitation and example of invitation. (also read : Generic Structure and Purpose of Announcement)
Material of Purpose and Generic Structure of Invitation Text:
Definition of Invitation
Purpose of Invitation
Based on the definition above, it can be concluded that the main purpose of an invitation is to invite someone or more to go to a place or to do something or ask someone to participate a particular even & activity.
Generic Structure of Invitation is:
- Including event title: including the purpose or type of event will be held.
- Showing orientation: inform about what will or who will come.
- Stating date and time: including when or where the event will be held.
- Giving closing statement: including hope of the writer to the reader to come to his or her event.
Sometimes we find the initials R.S.V.P. at the end of an invitation. These initials stand for the French phrase “Repondez S’il Vous Plait,” which means “Please Respond”. It means that the person sending the invitation would like you to tell him or whether you accept or decline the invitation. That is, will you be coming to the event or not.
Kinds of Invitation
- Anniversary invitation card
- Reunion invitation card
- Birthday invitation card
- Business invitation card
- Lebaran day invitation card
- Christmas invitation card
- Valentine invitation card
- Wedding invitation card
- Reception invitation card
- Ceremony invitation card
- Halloween party invitation card
- Response invitation card
- Mother’s day invitation card
- Father’s day invitation card
- Graduation invitation card
- Thanksgiving invitation card
- and etc.
Example of Invitation Card
For example 1, look at the picture above the title.
That’s all about Purpose and Generic Structure of Invitation Text we can share for this occasion. Hopefully the post about Purpose and Generic Structure of Invitation Text above can help us to increase our English, especially about functional text. (also read : Purpose and Example Descriptive Text)