Job description of Profession in Hospital
After posting about names of profession, in this occasion, we will share about Job description of Profession in Hospital. The job description will be mentioned briefly so that the readers get information about Job description of Profession in Hospital. (also read : Names of Profession in Hospital)
Below is the information of some Job description of Profession in Hospital:
- Doctor is someone who diagnoses symptoms and recommend treatment for patients. He/she has a wide range of clinical experience ranging from newly qualified junior doctor to senior consultant.
- Audiologist is someone who identifies and assesses hearing and balance disorders. He/she provides appropriate rehabilitation and management, often working closely with ear nose and throat (ENT) consultants.
- Cardiologist is qualified doctor who diagnoses, assesses and manages patients with diseases of the heart and vascular system (circulation). His/her experience ranges from junior hospital doctors to senior consultant level.
- Dentist is someone who diagnoses, treats, and prevents problems in a patient’s mouth, focusing on the teeth and gums. Dentist is trained to identify prevalent oral conditions so patients can receive treatment as quickly as possible.
- Dental Hygienist is a person who works in a dentist’s office, cleaning patient’s teeth before, during, and after a dental procedure. Dental hygienists work side-by-side with dentists and other dental professionals.
- Dermatologist is someone who refers patients to other specialists as needed, records patients’ health histories, provides dermatologic consultation to other health professionals, provides liposuction treatment to patients, instructs interns or residents in diagnosis and treatment of dermatological diseases and recommend diagnostic tests based on patients’ histories and physical examination findings.
- Dietitian is someone who works with people to promote nutritional wellbeing, prevents food-related problems and treats disease.
- Surgeon is qualified doctor who specializes in operating on particular parts of the body. These range from junior surgeons to highly qualified senior consultants.
- Pediatrician someone who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood illnesses. He/she works in children’s hospital wards and outpatient clinics.
- Physician is someone who treats and diagnoses patients. Many of them work in hospitals, but they may also operate their own firms.
- Gynecologist is a doctor who helps pregnant women before and after the birth of their babies. Gynecologists monitor the progress of a pregnancy, identify the sex of a baby, prescribe prenatal medications, and assist in the birthing process. They also perform fertility treatments and help couples who are having trouble getting pregnant.
- General internist is someone who diagnoses and provides non-surgical treatment for diseases and injuries of internal organ systems.
- Optometrist is a doctor in charge of assessing a person’s vision and eye health. Optometrists prescribe glasses and contacts for patients who need corrective lenses, and they provide treatment options for patients with eye conditions.
- Orthoptists is someone who assesses and manages a range of eye problems, usually linked to the way eyes move.
- Obstetrician is doctor who mainly deals with the management of pregnancy and childbirth. He/she works in outpatient clinics and on hospital wards and can perform operations such as Caesarean sections.
- Anesthesiologist is a medical professional responsible for prescribing and administering anesthesia to patients. This usually happens before and during a medical operation, surgery, or invasive assessment.
- Anesthetist is someone who gives local or general anesthetics to patients. Anesthetists also monitors the condition of patients as they undergo treatment such as surgery and sometimes run outpatient pain management clinics.
- Emergency medical technician or EMT cares for sick and injured patients in emergency rooms, ambulances, and other fast-paced medical environments. EMTs must have a basic knowledge of a variety of medical conditions so they can properly help the patients they encounter.
- Pathologist is qualified doctor who studies the causes of diseases and specializes in his/her detection. A Pathologist performs post-mortem examinations on bodies after death if required and also analyses organs.
- Pharmacist is a health care professional in charge of dispensing prescription medications to patients and medical facilities. Pharmacists must have an extensive knowledge of chemistry and anatomy/physiology to determine if prescriptions will work well for a patient’s medical conditions and pre-existing drug uses.
- Psychologist has a degree in psychology, but is not qualified medical doctors. She/he uses psychological approaches to bring about improvements in patients’ mental health. She/he cannot prescribe medicines.
- Psychiatrist is qualified medical doctors who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions. He/she can prescribe medicines and may also use psychological (talking) treatments to help patients.
- Physiotherapist uses psychological approaches to treat adults and children with a wide range of mental, emotional and behavioral problems. Again, she/he is not qualified medical doctors so can’t prescribe medicines.
- Radiologist is specialist doctor who works either in clinical radiology (diagnostic scans) or clinical oncology (cancer treatment). Therapeutic radiographers treat cancer patients using high doses of radiation.
- Nurse is someone who works in a variety of settings to provide and manage the care of individual patients. She/he works closely with doctors and other healthcare professionals.
- Nursing assistant is someone who helps provide basic patient care under the guidance of nurse.
- Children nurse is someone who care for sick children on the pediatric wards and outpatient departments. She/he provides support to children and their families.
- Midwife is someone who offers individual care to pregnant women and their families. She assists women during labor on the obstetric ward and in the delivery suite.
- Ambulance driver is someone who drives an ambulance vehicle for taking the patients from the accident, injured and emergencies to the hospital.
- Gardener is responsible for the hospital grounds, helping to grow and cultivate plants, shrubs and lawns at NHS premises. A gardener works alongside grounds staff who maintain the physical environment outside the hospital.
That’s all about Job description of Profession in Hospital we can inform to the readers. We hope although information about Job description of Profession in Hospital above just a few of many other professions related to the hospital, however, it at least can add our vocabulary in English.( also read : ABBREVIATION IN DAILY LIFE)None found.