Generic Structure of Procedure Text. Hi my beloved visitor! How are you? After sharing Report Text, Descriptive Text and others, here I will share another kind of text. In this case I will share about Procedure Text.
Definition of Procedure
Procedure is kind of text which shows on how to make something completely. Procedure text is dominantly structured with imperative sentence since it actually an instruction. Procedure text usually explain the ingredient or material which is need, though sometime it is omitted, after that procedure text will explain step by step how to make the thing.
Purpose of a Procedure Text :
To describe how something is accomplished through a sequence of action or steps. The communicative purpose is to tell the steps of making or doing something.
- 1. Goal: showing the purpose
- Material: Telling the needed materials. (It can be optional)
- Step 1 up to finish. Describing the steps to achieve the purpose
Ø Using temporal conjunction
Ø Using action verb
Ø Using imperative sentence
See the following examples of procedure text!
HOW TO MAKE GADO-GADO
(VEGETABLE SALAD WITH PEANUT SAUCE)
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cup 1″ cut long beans
- 1 bunch swamp cabbage cut up
- 2 cup beansprouts
- a few lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cooked cubed soya bean cake
- 1 medium size boiled potato cubed
- 1 sliced hard-boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons fried onion shrimp crackers
- 1 cup fried peanut
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon shrimp
- 2 red chilies
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind
- 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- water, depending on desired thickness
- mortar and pestle
- serving dish
- Boil separately the cabbage, long beans, swamp cabbage and beansprouts than put aside.
- Pound the fried peanut into a fine powder. Using the mortar and pestle, crush the garlic, shrimp paste, chilies, brown sugar, tamarind into a paste adding a little salt.
- Mix the peanut and the paste together and add the water to desired thickness.
- Squeeze the lemon into the sauce.
- On a serving dish spread the vegetables out. Put the cabbage first, round the edge with lettuce, then put the cucumber slices on top of the lettuce. In the center put the others vegetables, the soya bean, potato, garnish with the sliced egg.
- Pour the sauce over all this, and garnish with fried onion and shrimp crackers.
HOW TO MAKE RUJAK BUAH
- 1 papaya, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 mango, peeled cubed
- 1 Apple, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, fry
- 1 hot chili pepper, seed, sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- Mix all the fruits together
- Grind chilies and salt
- Add brown sugar
- Add dry roasted peanuts and grind completely
- Pour some tamarind liquid
- Mix the sauce and fruits together
- Serve chilled
HOW TO INSERT SIM CARD CELLPHONE
- Cellphone is a modern communication device which connects one to the others by voice, written message and data. However this device cannot work until the SIM card is inserted.
- When inserting the SIM Card to cellphone, make sure that the cellphone has been switched off and follow the direction bellow :
- First of all, press the locking catch and slide the cover then lift it off the phone.
- After that, push two catches in the opposite directions and remove the battery.
- Next, slide the SIM card carefully into the slot and make sure that the golden connect arson are facing to the connector of the phone.
- Then, put the battery and align it until snaps into its place.
- Finally, insert the two catches of the back cover corresponding slot in the phone and slide the cover forward button of the phone until locks into place
- Don’t forget to switch on the cellphone. Wait until it is ready to use