Expression and Response of Request. In everyday activity, it is normally that sometimes we need to ask someone to do something for us. However, we are still confused how to express our request so someone understand what we ask about. For this, we want to share about Expression and Response of Request. Below is the explanation.
Now, let’s go to the discussion.
- Expression of Request
A. Asking someone to do something:
- Can you give me the book?
- Could you phone me at 5 o’clock in the morning?
- Would you mind repairing my laptop?
- Do you think you could take me to the market?
- I wonder if you could write me an application letter?
B. Asking someone for something:
- Response of Request
A. The expression to accept Request:
- All right
- It’s a pleasure
B. The expression to refuse Request:
- I’m afraid, I ….. (give your reason).
- I’m sorry, I can’t.
- I’d like to, but…(give your reason).
Sales : What I can do for you sir?
Sales : Yes, please wait a minute, Sir. I will take them for you. (Sales takes some pants into storeroom)
Customer : Ok, thank you. But could you turn on the air conditioner please? I feel so hot.
Sales : My pleasure sir.
Nanda : Hallo, Rizky. What are you doing?
Rizky : I am doing something by my computer. Can I help you?
Nanda : Yes. Could you feed my cat first?